Wednesday, December 4, 2013

What's Your #UNselfie for 2013? Post and Win!!



So, some of you may have noticed, we've become a picture happy society of late, especially when it comes to snapping pics of ourselves. Nothing wrong with that, but in the dawn of the Selfie (taking a pic of yourself), I thought maybe we could all get in the holiday mood by posting an Unselfie, hashtag of course being #unselfie. This all started yesterday on twitter, so I say, let's keep up the good will!


In the spirit of the #unselfie, we post a picture on twitter of something that is not just us, something charitable, something generous, something showing we care about something other than...well...ourselves. :)


  
I know we all care, but sometimes, just reading my own tweets, I realize I could use a swift kick in the pants when it comes to caring versus sharing.



So, here's the challenge. Post your own #unselfie anytime now through December 17th. It could be of anything. A charity you think deserves more notice, a kind reminder to those you love, a link to a worthwhile cause. Post it and add us to the post on twitter @ProjectMGMayhem and later we will choose a winner who will receive two classic books, one old classic, and one soon to be classic, a copy of Kenneth Grahame's beloved children's book (and my personal favorite) The Wind in the Willows and the newly beloved classic, The One and Only Ivan. Now that's a gift worth giving...or keeping for yourself! 



Please post your #unselfie by December 16th or sooner and please be sure to include @ProjectMGMayhem and #unselfie in the post, so you will be entered in the drawing. We will mail the books to the winner on the 17th, ensuring fast delivery and an extra gift for you or your loved one this holiday season! 

Thanks for your continued support of Project Middle Grade Mayhem in 2013 and happy holidays to all!

11 comments:

  1. Hilary you are so weird and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that often...but mostly just the weird part. ;)

      Delete
  2. I told my wife earlier that I HATE the word "selfie." (After it was announced by the OED as the "word of the year." Thanks, Hilary, for steering me to its polar opposite. I LIKE "unselfie," yes I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The word of the year? WHAT?

      Love this idea, Hilary!

      Delete
    2. Yes, Marissa. It beat out "twerk." See the announcement here: http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/nov/19/selfie-word-of-the-year-oed-olinguito-twerk

      Delete
    3. Marissa, if it makes you feel better, you can twerk your unselfie! ;)

      Delete
    4. Hilary, you just caused a massive tea geyser to erupt. Fortunately, my laptop was out of range.

      Delete
    5. Conversely, you could always untwerk a selfie, I think.

      Delete
    6. I'm with you, Michael. I hate that word too!

      Delete
  3. Love it! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN!! Love it. Hilary, you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding to the mayhem!